People gravitate towards homes, its one of those undisputed facts of life. It is where we go to rest our heads and they are a good investment. If you maintain you home properly, the benefits you will reap will be amazing. When most home owners hear the word maintenance, their heads fill with images of paint jobs and upgrading to a new cozy porcelain. These are all part of the journey, however, many forget that home security maintenance should be at the very top of their list.The maintenance of your home security entails a great many things, from regular upgrades to keeping up to date with the new whats burglars are cooking up to take your stuff.
It helps to be aware if some of the trends and statistics that are common across the board when it comes to home break-ins and burglaries. may burglars share their methods and even though you can never be 100% ready for the, you can prepare yourself to help best by knowing some statistics.
- Burglaries have declined by 19.7%
- 58.3% of break-ins are forcible entry
- 53% of home break-ins are committed during the day
- $2,251 is lost per burglary in the United States
- 34% of burglars use the front door
- Burglars spend 8 to 12 minutes in your home
- Most burglars flee at the sound of alarms
- Master bedrooms are a burglar’s first target
- A burglary occurs every 15 seconds